Friday 30 December 2016

How I Affair Got with Bliss In The Hills: Bliss In the Hills my dream ride from 2014. I was following closely following the updates about Bliss In The Hills first edition in Facebook. On that time only had started cycling, so I dream to do the ride in upcoming years. Last year (2015), when Chiddu opens the registration within few days I got registered and getting mentally prepared for it. Sit with my coach Vallab Ortho and split the routes detailed with elevation profile for each and every KMs. Plotted our expected time with good amount of buffer timing and created the Plan. Sat with him for almost three nights after our routine works. All these three days we will sit around 9PM at PASO and workout the plan until midnight 12’o clock. But 2015, I don’t missed to plot my hill training rides. Once the event comes closer, with heavy heart I had send out a message to Chiddu as “I will not joining Bliss this year, but will definitely do it in 2016.” He gently replied fine.

Plan Started: When 2015-2016 Audax calendar released, I look out for options to get used to the rolling terrain BRMs that is my starting point of training for Bliss In The Hills. Of course, first came to my mind Bangalore BRMs which closer to Chennai and cheaper for Chennai riders. Also my reading the blogs of the first season finishers, I had planned to do Bangalore BRMs in my HYBRID bike. Register for Chintamani 200 BRM and get to see the riders list & saw one more MR got register that’s Six SR Hero SAYI RAMA KRISHNA. I didn’t meet him before, we had chatted over FB messenger and plan our travel to Bangalore. As soon as we meet and gone for two BRMs to Bangalore, both were discussing about Bliss In the Hills. Then we plan some hill rides together and there on its pure training of 10 months. Enjoyed those journeys many negatives and positives over those days.

Failure Makes Perfect Man: Yes this quote makes perfect match for me. I had a fall before Bangalore 400BRM in June month and which results to left hand wrist fracture. Out of action for almost 60 days, Bangalore Randaneours 1200 BRM named as Gates of Heaven was held on August 12th. With pure grit and determination, I had attempted and yes it was my first failure in BRMs for almost 2 years. Quits at 387 CP due to severe knee pain. Every stroke of pedaling yields me more pain in my knee. Took adequate rest and tried few kms, then decided it’s not my day. This failure was in my mind very well throughtout this Bliss In The Hills. May be that was the push I had in Ooty climb where we were at neck of the moment. Now the Real Story Begins….

Travel Concern & Get Set to Start Point: Till 4th October 2016, I was concern about the travel plans due to Cauvery issue. Checking with here and there for accommodation for staying close to start point and this time I don’t want to go the event straight from bus stand as myself and Sayi were practiced to do it for even my first 1200 BRM attempt. Checked with Jins Paul, Mohan, Sayi, Kavi and the man who helped to have a good pleasant stay before the event is Chandru Elango with whom I had started my cycling BRM preparation ride of MK-Chengalpet-Triuporur-OMR route. He makes sure I had amazing place to take rest which just within 2kms from start point and bus stop. Shankar welcomes me with warm smile and provided me with more comfort at his home. Reached his home by 4:30 AM and slept at 5 AM. Until 11 AM, I was in bed and in between I had checked my mobile for calls, WhatsApp & FB notifications. By 11 AM I woke up and stay relaxed for few minutes. After that taken out necessary things from my baggage and received call from Chandru Elango that lets me know that I am running out of time to get ready. Took a good shower there and changed to riding gear also arranged all things in my bag. At 1’o clock, Shankar came from office, chandru too reached his home and we get rid of his home pedaled to A2B for having the full meals. Slowly reached start point before 45minutes, met many of the FB friends and few known faces get greeted by them. Had few clicks taken from Ram Prakash, Satish and Opendra. With many things in mind, heard the route description from Chiddu (nothing can be restored in mind when you recall about it while riding a 1200 BRM). By 3 PM, chiddu flagged off and started riding in the traffic filled roads of Bangalore.

Game On – CP1 – 0KMs to 225KMs BELUR: Initial few kms were full of traffic fulfilled roads, as planned myself and Jins were rushing from the start line to get rid of city as early as possible. Almost we were maintaining good pace inside the city by tackling the busy Bangalore signals. But the first challenge were not so far from the start line, yes Jins had his first flat around 30KMs and we both were try to fix this flat. In the meantime, our coriders were passing one-by-one but Chandru and Kavi stopped there to help each others. After fixing the flat, we thought of having the first break for refilling the bottles and ourselves too. We had good coffee’s and refilled our bottles and get out the city to enjoy the Bangalore highway heading towards Hasaan. We maintained our rhythm, within few kms Kavi was flies away. Next Jins attacking the rolling very well. Chandru and Myself had good chatty ride, had quick coffee break at 80KMs and happy to meet the legend of mountains Anil Kadsur & Archana Sheshagiri in the same shop. Then regained the rhythm and headed towards the dinner point by 8:30 PM (the Mayur Restaurant). Chandru ordered some good Masala dosa’s, Curd Rice and had coffee. Packed Dosa and Curd Rice for midnight in my Carrier Bag (which I was using it for the first time). Seen Mohan Sir there, he were asked us to rush as timing is running out. The headwinds were at its best, we had done around 120 KMs in 6hrs. But not maintained as per our target, mind was going all over as nothing was gone as per plan. Every year Bliss, this first 250 KMs will be a easy tailwind ride. So this time challenge started from getting out of city itself. We had keeping our rhythm and not pushing too much, myself and Jins were planned some strategy from Mayur hotel to clock the distances in splits. Plan breaks down to hourly basis, after 1hr of riding had quick cool drinks break and get back to saddle within few minutes. Seen some of the riders here and there, I didn’t seen many of them before so don’t have interest in see who is. Next stopped at 180KMs in Toll gate and had coffees and some snacks in road side shop and get back to saddle in 15 mins. For next CP we are having 50KMs and planned to do it 2hrs, but nothing were at our plan. So as per general rule of Brevet, we had SIMPLY PEDALLING that’s it. Everything else we don’t have in mind. Slowly get into a group of riders before reaching Belur CP. Reached Belur CP at 03:08 AM and felt relieved. Within fraction of seconds, there comes a spark in our mind that we are just down 1/6th of ride. So we had planned to start by 03:30 AM after having the packed foods such as Dosa’s  & Curd Rice. These food had regained the last energy in our body and we are up for the next CP.

Dark Roads – CP2 – 225KMs to 350KMs MADIKERI: Wow, what feeling to enter into the dark forest from Belur towards Madikeri. That too with the combination of bad roads with less traffics. We rode that route carefully and missed Chandru in initial few KMs itself because he wants to sleep. So now its myself and Jins were rolling carefully and searching for good roads through those forest areas. We were relief to enter the highway and see a lonely tea shop with full of snacks. We crossed the road and had coffee with Buns. This was refilled us and first time I had spoken closely to Sumant and Prasanth. They were just reached when we are about to leave off. Then we were searching the maps and clue sheets to check for correct directions to Sowarpet and found the lone wolf Kavi around 270 KMs. Came to know that we were ahead of other co-riders and they gave us confidence back as that we are not doing bad. At 298 KMs (07:32 AM), we had stopped for food and in few second Kavi reaches there & came to know from him that he had a flat just were we saw him. Had good Lemon Rice and coffee, then started from there by 08:05 AM. We three were almost riding together for some time and Prasanth & co were passing us in a whisker every now and then. Through those lovely forest areas we were maintaining some average speeds of 24-26 kmph and not pushing too much due to bad roads, bumps in the road and some uphill here and there. As per our plan, there is no climb before Sowarpet and Madikeri. So we were riding comfortably, Kavi told us that there is slight uphill before Sowarpet and Madikeri which is very tough after riding 300KMs. Then we were mentally prepared for those climbs and rolling to those stretches and SPIN SPIN SPIN in those climbs with heat too hitting us. Reached CCD at 12:10 PM. Refreshed ourself with some snacks at CCD and seen Kavi Sumant & Prasanth heading towards next CP.

Bad Downhill Roads (Scary) – CP3 – 350KMs to 379KMs SIDDAPURA: Myself and Jins started from the CCD in 40 mins and headed towards the downhill with bad roads. As I am having crack in my front tyres, I don’t want to get it burst (even I have the spare foldable tyre in hand). I am riding with this crack tyre from February to till date, so I had confident enough and watchfully completed this downhill with some stretches of good scenic places. Before 10KMs at 1:30 PM we thought of having food, but our bad time that place don’t have any solid eatables only snacks and tea/coffee available. Plan changed and headed to Siddhapura and reached the CP by 2 PM. After selfie, we searched for hotel and found Prasanth, Sumant & Kavi cycles infront of Mess. We too entered into the Mess and had Meals with Egg Gravy & some fish too. Had bananas and butter milk. These kind of food makes us more energize throughout the remaining part.

Downhill in Forest – CP4 – 379KMs to 435KMs IRITTY: It was wonderful forest area with super hairpin bends and going down to earth into Kerala which is wonderful place to look around. Enjoyed the downhill riding very much. Kavi and Jins were except in the downhill, but I was little slow when compared to them. But will be catching up them here and there and reached 428KMs. Seen some tea shops and had good Malabar Chai there with Banana. It was break for our Bike Break Shoes and My hand too. It was very painful when riding the downhill and applying the breaks frequently to avoid any sudden vehicles at opposite directions in sharp hairpin bends. After a good refreshing break at tea shop headed towards to IRITTY CP, where local hero Jins’s friend and his dad had waiting for him. Had intro to them and Jins dad served as good Lime Juice which is very good that time. We had spent some 15 minutes there and started towards the one of the toughest climb in Bliss.

Killer Climb – CP5 – 435KMs to 517KMs KALPETTA: This is toughest part in Bliss, when you reach Kalpetta CP within the cutoff and somehow you can scroll and crawl to finish line. I have been monitoring the 1st and 2nd edition event rider updates and noticed the same. Opendra too at the start point informed the same. Yes of course, this is the toughest of Bliss In the Hills CP. He had a brief break post IRITTY city traffic with Buns, Cakes, Cool Drinks and all. Packed some Cakes for taking it before BOYS TOWN Climb. BOYS Town Climb, it’s a never ending climb which is about 20% gradient as except were telling us post ride. Chiddu alerted us in gentle way that it’s a steep climb and we had our local boy with us. Jins was telling me and Kavi that if a stone put down in the roads at the top of climb and it will definitely roll on will reach the base for sure. So that we are mentally prepared for some 7KMs climb, but it was more than that. All of a sudden few lights were there at the height place and I thought it will be a some other place parallel to our route. But what a hell, we had to climb and reach there. All of a sudden the climb started and it was rolling on height with good amount of gradient. Kavi was very strong and climb it superbly. I was able to pedal continuously but all of a sudden some very steep climb and with my back carrier it was about to take off. So get down from the cycle and walked for sometime. In the meantime Jins was walking through the climbs and it was dark area without no lights. Some waters were flowing at the left side of the roads. We were running out of waters and there are no shops too. After few KMs we found some roadside water pipe and water was flowing into some tank. We refilled our water bottles there and continued our journey. After few KMs my mind playing his part and searching for the climb to end with wishing to see the flat surface. But that’s not happening, its going and going on. We were literally tried and seen many opposite loaded lorries cornering us to edges of the road side. The loaded lorries coming in opposite direction to don’t have control over the breaks and myself was scared in such a way that one of the lorry was just 50-100 meters away from front wheel and then turned down. After that I walked to avoid those dangerous hair pin bends and reached the top. After BOYS TOWN climb, it was a rolling terrain to the next city. We are running close to the cutoff time to Kalpetta and we were in a hurry. Had some double omelets on the way and continued pedaling. We had two routes to Kalpetta, one with good roads and another with bad roads. As Chiddu’s route, we headed into the bad road section route and slowly scrolling through it and watching the timings. For some point of time, I had a thought that might miss Kalpetta CP on time. But mind was mentally prepared to continue the ride and finish the Bliss. But pushing my speed in bad road section and putting my lights in full beam mode to get a better vision of the pot holes. By clocks ticking off by 01:00 AM, we were welcomed by Chiddu and Ravindra. Seeing Ravindra the first time, he was very helpful in making sure the riders comfortable with the place. Seen wonderful food’s placed and arranged over there at the midnight was a surprise for me. Seen KAVI too there and he was taking the food by the time we reach. So we three planned to start from there by 3:30 AM after few hours of sleep to refresh ourself. Had a good hot water bath there and had good amount of food arranged over there at midnight 1’o clock as buffet (food’s were arranged by having riders taste in mind after some 36 hours of hard fought rides). By 3:30 AM I was woke up by Jins and without too much interest I had opened up my eyes and within a fraction of seconds realized that I am in a 1200 KM Brevet and timing is running off. I had changed all my clothing’s and gloves, get out of the room and felt the cold weather in KALPETTA. It was chill.

OOTY Here I Come: I have been never into the Ooty climb from Gudalur stretch and hearing from expertise I came to know that I had good killer climb for the first timers. So keeping that in mind we all three started our ride to Gudalur and planned to stop there for breakfast. As planned we had tea somewhere before Gudalur with good jam buns and some snacks too. After started to ride the rolling climbs towards Gudalur. There I was just escaped from a big crash to hit in the checkpost. As its too cold and fog was too much to make my vision off through my spectacles. The checkpost was closed with the stick and I didn’t realized it until was just 10 meters to hit it. Within a fraction of second my mind works very well and gone to the drop bar position and crossed the checkpost. I my fraction of thinking was not there, then it could have a different history for me. Don’t know what could have happen and didn’t told to anyone until now. After that slowing gone through the climbs and reaching the Gudalur by 9 AM and seen KAVI at one shop where we he had just finished the breakfast and coming out. I was in hungry and don’t want to skip the breakfast before climbing Ooty which was never into it. As per our plan, we were on time to reach Avinashi CP. But there comes a surprise from KAVI, as we didn’t calculated the stretch between Ooty to Kotagiri some 30 KMs (including Dodabetta Killer Climb). So we were short of 30KMs riding (approx. 90mins ride). So Kavi, Myself and Jins decided to not wait for anyone and do in our own pace and reach the Avinashi CP in time as we are running out of time. There was the challenge and Kavi was rushing in his pace and Jins was following him. I was little slow when compared to them. Slowly rolling the Ooty climb and was not doing great speed there at the initial few kms. Jins too were crossed in the single speed ahead of me and I thought we three are in game & myself was not getting rhythm too. I was totally upset with this climb and get down from the bike, walked for 5 minutes, had a snack in my backpack and get into the saddle with do-or-die situation in mind. So started to spin the pedal fast to clock the miles ahead and within 2-3 kms, I could feel my legs are getting into the groove very much. So it’s time for me to gear up when my legs are giving ample support. The speed was gradually increased from 8kmph to 13kmph pace, in my turning crossed Jins by overtaking the vehicle and shouted at Jins but he was get done from the cycle to give way to that vehicle. So he missed by voice and again I was riding at good pace and reached Pykara and seen some small shop, stopped there and refill the bottle quickly & get back into the pedaling in few minutes. There after I had gained confidence and was very eager to reach the next CP well in time and don’t want to miss this 1200 Brevet finish (as I had failed in Gates of Heaven 1200 BRM organized by Bangalore Randonneur on August 12th). Also it seems I had crossed Kavi somewhere post Pykara towards Ooty because of his incident of Hit & Run situation. Around 1’o clock I had received call from Sayi Rama Krishna about asking for Chain tools in hand. At that time only I came to know about KAVI’s incident and was very sad to hear that. So my moment slowed down for few kilometers and climbed Dodabetta which is the toughest climb I had done so far. Had good South Indian rice with full of curd there. It seems another tragedy in my journey unknowingly. My Credit Card, Debit Card, Original Voter ID and 840 rupees cash were missed outside the hotel I think. I was rolled down to Kotagiri and reached there around 03:25 PM, took a selfie and rushed down to Mettupalayam in a hurry. Meanwhile while riding towards Dodabetta received call from Chandru and get to know that he was with Jins Paul and told them I crossed Ooty. With the wind and cold while riding down the Kotagiri my ears are blocked. It was tough for me to go too fast in the downhill, so slow down and going & reach Mettupalayam. I was in dilemma where will have something there, as another 40 KMs to next CP. Finally decided to have Paratos and Omlet there at the outskrits of Mettupalayam. After that get the pace up with the winds were blowing strong and maintaining around 27-30kmph speed for almost 32 KMs and last 8KMs I was slowed down as I still need to go some 480 KMs and don’t want to waste so much energy in the flats. Slowly rolled and entered into the 720CP at 07:09 PM. Called Sayi and asked him to check with Chiddu about picture in any ATMs or specific ATM only. He told any ATMs with place name visible so ride back some 800meters and took selfie and had great relief. Entered into the Biryani shops to celebrate it. Ordered food and logged onto Internet & seen all mobile messages (1009 messages from different WhatsApp groups & wishes personal messages). After that logged into Facebook and seen through all the notifications & finally thought of posting live updates in Facebook from there on. Reached call from my coach Vallab Ortho and got some useful food tips & others. After all this my confidence level was high and started my next challenge.

SECOND TIMER to YERCAUD: Once get into the highway towards Salem I was very confident about the routes from there. As I was doing the Coimbatore BRMs there I was full of confident to gear up to Salem. Maintained 32kmph average pace for the next 122 KMs and its was a nonstop pacy ride. While riding that time, I had received many calls from Chandru, Jins and Harish Venkatachalam to get to know my current position. After reaching Salem seen all the missed calls and replied back to Harish about that I was at Yercaud base and about to start climb in few minutes. Had road side Paratos with Chicken Curry, that fulfilled my hunger for food. This food too gave energy to climb Yercaud. As I had did Yercaud in hot sun in Gates of Heaven, I had climb experience in my mind to give boost to my riding. As there was no one in the roads and it was pinch dark, my front lights serves me good amount of vision to roads ahead. Slowly spinning to the top of Yercaud by 2 AM, gone to CP (ie., ATM at Shervoy Hotel). Some police night patrol vehicle was heading towards me and calling me when I was parking the vehicle near ATM. They came to me and asked all the details & asking my ID card (that time only I realized that I had missed all the things somewhere in Ooty). That thing get worsten my situation and I had shown brevet card and cue sheets & etc. The police were in no mood to get me away, they were asking for more details. I had logged into Facebook and shown all the comments in my Avianshi CP post. Then only there were giving some sort of respect and listening to me with more care. Thank you Facebook followers to save me from Police. But they were not allowed me to took selfie infront of ATM and they were not allowing me to ride down towards Kuppannur, as it is too dense forest with less vehicle movement and chances of wild animals roaming. So without any other options I had to search for hotels to take some 2-3 hrs rest for night to sleep. After roaming for 30 minutes, one lodge guy allowed me to stay there and that too he won’t have rooms, but allowed me to sleep in reception. After that he was not allowing me to get the cycles inside the hotel, after some discussion and making him to understand about the bicycle he allowed it to park inside the hotel. Had good sleep of 2h25m, 3 AM to 5:25 AM (wasted 1 hr with police and room searching). Refresh myself and get out of the hotel and received call from Chandru Elango. I told was getting out of the room and coming to the junction. He too came there and seen Jins, we three had tea and started to ride down after some 30 mins chit chat there. All three of us started from there by around 7AM and slowly getting down the beautiful country side downhill state highways. Few turns we were wondering which way to go and checked the maps & locals we directed to the correct way. But in one of the junction, there is a downhill in one road and another road is having good steep uphill with above 8% gradient. In that junction I had full confidence on Chiddu and climbed that uphill, once reach the top I had noticed that there is no road afterwards. Then with disappointment get down and enter into the correct route again.

SECOND TIMER to YELAGIRI: I think that as I had down with almost major part of climbs in Bliss In The Hills and only YELAGIRI is pending. So myself and Jins were slowly coming down to Kuppanar to have a good breakfast there. Found some good roadside shops with Hot Idilies with Vada’s which is delicious for me to have it after some 925KMs riding. It was with good taste too and ordered two double omlet’s. Jins was not interested to take that omlet, so that too I had and regained all the lost energies. Felt very fresh too clock the remaining KMs. Kuppannar to Harur road was wonderful with good rolling terrain which I had loved it to ride along. Keeping the momentum in my legs, I had pedaled it in good rhythm and slowly missing Jins behind as he had felt sleepy. Next 100KMs is very relaxed one and I had some cool drinks in Harur junction and get back to saddle quickly. Heat was picking up nicely to make it little tough for the day. Skipped the lunch wanted to gain the some good timing before climbing Yelagiri. With only one break of 5mins in Harur junction, I had reached Yelagiri base (i.e., Pooneri) around 1:50 PM. Had some snack there and refilled the bottles fully with cold water. Pour some cold water in the body fully and gained some strength to start the climb. I had bad experience in my first hill climbing to Yelagiri in my Birthday ride when myself, Sayi, Kavi & Vinodh were started riding from Chennai-Yelagiri and did climbing & I was totally drained my energy and dropped the plan of doing repetition. So next day started from Jolarpet and ride along through Jawadhu hills and reach Chennai to finish off my birthday. That was a nightmare ride in my cycling journey where nothing was gone well as per our plan. So keeping that in my mind when started climbing the hills, keep on cranking in low gears and spinning freely & forget all the uphills really enjoyed the nature there. Planned to skip the stoppages in between while climbing to avoid losing the ride momentum. My plan succeeded and with many smiles in my inner feelings reached Yelagiri CP by 03:14 PM. That was relief for and I am damn confident of finishing the ride with good satisfaction. Don’t want to waste too much time there, took the selfie and returned back immediately, there I have enjoyed the downhill with less traffic throughout those 9-10 KMs. So reached the base within 25-30 mins I guess (not more than that). Entered into my favorite hotel there where we had good time in my birthday special ride, ordered Briyani and enjoyed the food. Received calls from my coach and many other friends. So updated my status in Facebook to keep my Facebook followers aware of my situation who are following me for the past 1034 KMs. Also noticed that I had done around 1034 KMs in 72 hours with around 15000meters elevation gain, which gave me more boost for the remaining leg of journey.
Ride to Hosur & Enjoy the Finish Line: Next stop I planned was at Hosur, where I have my friends Jaya Vigneswaran & Ajith waiting there with delicious curd rice and sweat Pongal. So get into the Chennai-Bangalore Highway and speed up my ride to tackle the headwinds. Headwinds blowing and I was pedaling nicely. Reached Krishnagiri and updated the status to Jaya Vigneswaran. Started riding Sholagiri, where there will be good climb to do after some 1100KMs of riding. So stopped some of the coffee shop and had coffee with biscuits, refilled the bottles and climbed slowly with heavy vehicles were moving very slow than me. That was something I had loved there by crossing the heavy vehicles with spinning the pedals fast. At 9PM, I had reached Hosur and called AJ & he messaged me about his place. Noticed him at the edge of Tamilnadu-Karnataka border. Stopped there and had food did some chit chats and started pedaling from there with full of joy. So seen some messages in Bliss In the Hills WhatsApp group that I could be fastest finisher of 1200 BRM here. That was added energy for me, but that too I don’t want to push too much even it is last 50Kms to go. Enjoyed that occasion and pedaled casually. Reached Bangalore City at 10:40 PM. Last 12 KMs to go… My mind changed and wanted to sprint those 12 KMs and finished it off by 11PM (i.e., 80 Hours). Sprint from Signal to Signal in Electronic City and reached last 12KMs in 18 mins. Last signal I had took left and forget the finish line Building entrance and crossed it. When I reached the next signal in that road I had noticed I was too far and crossed it. So called Chiddu again and he told me that he was waiting there only in car. So came back in that road and Chiddu was waving his hands to me and reached the finish line at 11:01PM (i.e.,) Bliss In The Hills finished in 80 hours & 1 minutes. That was hell of an achievement for me to come from the flat road city to ride along those amazing Bangalore, Kerala rolling terrains with some climbing and finally three hills of tamil nadu where I was not even gone for causal outing (except Ooty). Seen Opendra too there and had some chatting for almost 1 hour. My friend Karthik Prabhakar and Elango had helped me in booking the room to stay at that midnight. Hotel is just 1 KM from finish line. Chatting with the Bangalore cyclist I reached the hotel and checked in the hotel room. Even that time too I had some issues faced such as missed my original ID proof in Ooty so not able to check in the room. Then I had called my home at 12:20 AM and asked them take picture of my available ID proof. After they send it to me in WhatsApp, then I had shown to the Hotel Manager. Another challenge was having my cycle parked there, the hotel persons were asked me to put it outside of the hotel in street roads. But after some discussion they understand my situation and value of the bike, then they allowed to park it in basement which is kitchen. Entered the room, had good warm water bath for long time. Meanwhile Chiddu updated the status in Facebook, so my Facebook followers started to wishing me by messages and calls. Jins called me around 1:30 AM, he told me they will be coming by morning 7AM. So asked him to give me a call before 1 hour of reaching finish point. Slowly my eyes were closed and had some four hours of sleep from 2 AM to 6 AM. Slowly seen facebook messages, happy to see messages from my inspiration Kandappa Sir and the man who provided me with good bike which suits me is none other than ProBikers Suresh Kumar. Seen Elango’s message as Jins and others finished in one of the WhatsApp group, I was shocked and rushing the finish point. There was no one available. Then seen Sheryas there, he told me they were yet to reach Hosur itself. We both had shared our experience and had good tea in that chill Bangalore weather. One by one other finishers Chandru Elango, Jins Paul and Kavi reached. Had some memorable moments there.








5 comments:

  1. Congratulations and keep achieving more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice write up Shun. Hearty congrats once again. Just stupendous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Shunmuganathan! What a strong finish, hats off to you.

    Did you get to cancel the credit/debit cards in time? Good that you had time to escape the forest check post barricade. Those moments can be scary.

    Dodabeta climb is just about 5 km or less, but I agree, it is steep. Deepak and I didn't account for it in our first season (2014) ride and he had to pay the price later. One has to be good in downhill to save time from Dodabeta till Metupalayam. One can average nearly 40 kmph if traffic is not bad. Roads are superb. So, a ride that has a lot of uphill will obviously have a lot of downhill and people often overlook this part. In spite of all the odds, you did in a smacking time!

    Try to insert some pics. I'm also lazy to do it often, but they enhance the story manifold :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good write up, Shun. Felt like I was riding along while reading it. Life time experience for you. Keep riding and reach greater heights..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely narrated shun... I was just comparing my twin hills experience and felt how you struggled and finished strongly riding through the tough hills... Many congratulations... keep riding.. Keep inspiring..

    ReplyDelete